Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I Don't Consider Myself A Prude, But.....

Time to let the chips fall where they may.  As the title of my blog suggests, I was raised in a much different era.  There are just certain words that you didn't use in mixed company.  Okay, I will be honest; I probably use them almost as often as anyone else but it is usually while I am among close friends and after a few cocktails.

However, there are just some words, no matter how prevalent they have become in today's everyday speech, that you just should not use in your marketing material.

All too often I am seeing images and announcements of events and promotions which contain words that I, personally, would not consider appropriate.  Just because the promoter may use the "F" word in normal everyday conversation, using it to promote their business takes away all sense of professionalism.

As I have stated in previous posts, I administer a Facebook page which promotes local area businesses.  Too often I find myself censoring what I share based simply on the wording of the businesses' status.  Am I wrong in doing this?  Am I more of a prude than I care to admit?  What are your thoughts on this matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment