Saturday, April 13, 2013

Knowing When It's Time for a New Blog Name

One year ago, I published my first blog post with no blogging experience.  As all bloggers know, before you can post you need to actually come up with a compelling name for the blog.  Boy, was I naive.

"Social Media & the Middle Aged Woman" seemed so appropriate at the time.  My goal was to write about the effect social media was having on my daily life as the aforementioned "middle aged woman".  I have since come to realize that its effect had nothing to do with my age or my gender.  In fact, I strongly believe now that the title is probably more of a hindrance than a blessing.

I learned a lot in the past year.  Social media has a huge effect on our perceptions regarding people, brands, politics and social issues.  It is not stifled by gender, age or socioeconomic boundaries.  So, why should my blog title have the appearance of being targeted to only a select audience?

That being said, I have come to the conclusion that it is time to decide on a new blog name.  

The hard part is letting go and actually changing it.  I have learned that it has become a part of my persona; though a part I need to change.  Change is difficult for all of us; but it is something that must be done.

This will be my last post under this blog name.  I want to thank everyone who has followed this blog.  Since the URL will not be changing, I hope you will continue to do so.


16 comments:

  1. I know this web site provides quality depending posts and additional material, is there any other site which gives
    these data in quality?

    Feel free to surf to my webpage ... creative group

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Feel free to follow us on Google plus and on Facebook. I share articles and posts from professionals in the field of Social Media both these pages.

      Delete
  2. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot.
    I'm hoping to give one thing again and aid others such as you aided me.

    My web-site ... Martin Crumlish Emperor Social

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peculiar article, totally what I was looking for.


    My homepage Martin Crumlish Emperor Social

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely useful info specifically the last part :
    ) I care for such information much. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time.

    Thank you and best of luck.

    Here is my site; Eben Pagans Accelerate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Glad you found it useful.

      Delete
  5. Currently it sounds like Wordpress is the preferred blogging platform out there right now.
    (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

    Also visit my web-site :: Matt Bushs Local Marketing Business System

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I am using Google's Blogger. I find it much more user friendly than Wordpress. However, I have heard from others that they prefer Wordpress. It is a matter of personal preference.

      Delete
  6. Very good post. I am facing some of these issues
    as well..

    Take a look at my blog: Martin Crumlish Emperor Social

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very easy
    on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come
    here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to
    create your theme? Fantastic work!

    Here is my blog post; Eben Pagan Accelerate Training

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad that you like the blog and the design. I did not hire this out. Simply followed the simple instructions provided by Blogger.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself
    or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. appreciate it

    my web page; Local Marketing Business System

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. I did not hire someone else to create this site; created it on my own.

      Delete