Unless you are a self-proclaimed Facebook geek, you may not have noticed one of the subtle changes the platform made recently. This change directly affects how proactive page managers need to be; as well as, how the average user interacts with the pages they follow.
Page Tagging: We all know the drill when it comes to tagging. If we tag a friend in a post or image, that it will appear on their timeline. Even if their security settings don't allow it or if they deny the appearance on their timeline, it will still show up in your mutual friends' news feeds. They will have to go through several steps to actually remove the tag permanently. The tagging of pages, however, has changed. While you can still tag the page, your post no longer will appear on the page's timeline. Your rant or rave about a business, product, or celebrity will no longer be seen by other page followers or even the administrator of the page, for that matter. Your Facebook friends will still see the tag and be able to click on it to be directed to the page in question. But, isn't the primary purpose of the tag to let the page know of your satisfaction or dissatisfaction? The only way to do this now is to post directly to the page's timeline or by sending them a private message.
How does this subtle change affect how you interact with a page? More importantly, how will it affect how the page interacts with its followers? To page administrators, my recommendation would be to start using a hashtag in all your posts. Eventually, your followers will pick up on it and begin using it themselves. The use of a hashtag will make it easier to find mentions of your page in search. While you may not be able to comment on the post as the page, you will still be able to get a sense of how well your brand is faring on Facebook. The same holds true for the average Facebook user. As the use of hashtags becomes more prevalent you should be able to do a search if there is any question in your mind about a page or brand. Keep in mind that search results will be of those posts which have the "public" privacy setting from the original poster. You might never see all the mentions - good or bad - for a particular page.
Finally, on a more personal pet peeve note; it is my belief that this very subtle change is Facebook's way of putting a stop to the "like, share & tag" promotions still running rampant on the site. These promotions are in direct violation of Facebook rules on promotions and contests. There are so many of them out there, that this may be one way to deter the pages from continuing them since they cannot see who is tagging the page. Again, that is only a personal opinion, not based on fact and, clearly, a topic for a future post.

Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo
ReplyDeleteNews. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you
my site Author's external home page.
..
Thank you very much for your kind words. I wasn't even aware that this was appearing on Yahoo News; thanks for letting me know. I believe it may be from allowing this blog to be syndicated. That is simply a guess; however.
DeleteKeep on writing, great job!
ReplyDeleteVisit my weblog ... healthy food
Thank you very much.
DeleteHave you ever thought about creating an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs?
ReplyDeleteI have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information.
I know my subscribers would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel
free to shoot me an e mail.
Check out my website; garcinia cambogia extract
Thank you very much. Unfortunately, you commented Anonymously, so I do not have a way of contacting you.
DeleteHave you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your
ReplyDeletearticles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything.
However think about if you added some great pictures or video clips to give your posts more, "pop"!
Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this blog could definitely be one of the best in
its field. Excellent blog!
Here is my homepage :: miracle garcinia cambogia
Thank you for your kind words. Creating relevant videos is definitely something I will be giving some thought to.
DeleteThis design is steller! You certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
ReplyDeleteBetween your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,
almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really enjoyed what
you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!
Here is my weblog ... vicodin abuse
Thank you so very much for your kind words.
DeleteThanks for some other wonderful post. Where else
ReplyDeletemay just anybody get that kind of information in such an
ideal approach of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the look for such information.
Have a look at my web site medford italian restaurants
With regard to the changes occurring on Facebook - I would recommend checking out http://www.insidefacebook.com/. You can also find relevant information on www.business2community.com. Hope you find these helpful.
DeleteI seldom comment, however after reading a few of the remarks on this page "Facebook Change You May Have Missed".
ReplyDeleteI do have a couple of questions for you if it's okay. Is it simply me or do a few of these responses look like they are written by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at additional places, I would like to follow you. Could you make a list of all of all your public pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?
Also visit my site ... heart healthy cooking
All my public information is listed in the about me section.
DeleteHi there mates, its great paragraph about cultureand completely defined, keep it up all the time.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to visit my homepage - buy oxycontin [buypainmedsnow.com]
Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this
ReplyDeleteblog loading? I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.
Review my homepage: vyvanase (buyvyvanase.com)
I am not experiencing any difficulties.
DeleteHi there, its good paragraph about media print, we all be familiar with media is a wonderful
ReplyDeletesource of information.
Feel free to visit my blog post: beta blockers for anxiety
Wonderful website. Lots of useful information here. I'm sending it to some friends ans additionally sharing in delicious.
ReplyDeleteAnd naturally, thank you to your effort!
Take a look at my blog ... withdrawal from oxycodone
Thank you for both your kind words and for sharing this.
DeleteHi there would you mind letting me know which
ReplyDeleteweb host you're utilizing? I've loaded your blog in 3 different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then
most. Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a honest
price? Kudos, I appreciate it!
Also visit my weblog anthem mail order pharmacy
Hi. I am using blogspot.com which is commonly known as Blogger (a part of Google). I use the basic service which at this point in time is free of charge.
DeleteWe're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
ReplyDeleteYour web site offered us with valuable info to work on.
You've done a formidable job and our entire community
will be grateful to you.
My blog: buy percocet online ()
Thank you. I am happy to hear that my posts are proving to be helpful. Please keep me updated on how things go for you in your new endeavor.
Delete