Personal observations pertaining to social media and how it relates to our everyday lives.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Branding Yourself is Just as Important.....
Branding yourself is just as important as the company, product or service you represent. I know that this is definitely not a new concept; but it recently took on a more personal meaning to me.
When I began writing this blog, it was more of a way to put down my thoughts about the many things I was finding out about social media and its effect on my world and the world around me. It was also one of the things I began doing to keep busy and not go crazy trying to search for employment. So much as transpired since my first post.
Whether it was as a result of this blog or the mere fact that I was the only one who raised their hand in the room, I soon found myself being recruited as an administrator for several Facebook pages. Of course, this is all done on a volunteer basis and the job titles run the gamut from Digital/Social Media Coordinator to Page Administrator.
I found myself becoming the "Professional Volunteer". Not a bad title and it does provide a great deal of personal satisfaction. It does not, however, pay the bills. So now I embark on my next journey - taking what I have learned and branding myself just as any Fortune 500 company would do for a new product or service.
(Side note: For those whose pages I manage and read this, fear not. I will continue on in my current capacity for as long as I am able and you want me to play a role.)
I recently came up the following article, "10 Qualities of an Effective Community Manager" which started the wheels turning. I finally found something I enjoyed and this article now put a name to it. From now on, should I be asked what I do (or, in some instances, what I want to be), I can confidently reply "The best community manager you could ever hope for."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment