Personal observations pertaining to social media and how it relates to our everyday lives.
Friday, January 25, 2013
Social Media May Be All That... But I Am Not!
I will admit that upon hearing the term "Social Media" for the first time, images came to mind of people sharing newspaper clippings or discussing the previous night's newscast. I have learned a lot in the last year.
I am not an expert on all things "Social Media" by any means. I know what SEO stands for (Search Engine Optimization) but do not ask me how to put it into practice. That I will leave to the true experts.
What I can admit to is, I can tell you how to set up and maintain a Twitter account (or maybe even several); how to switch between the accounts; and how to link them to other Social Media sites.
I have been able to navigate through the ever changing world of Facebook with more ease than some. I understand the basics of setting up a business or community page and how to best promote it for free (that is, without having to pay Facebook to do it for me).
Finally, I understand the true meaning of social networking through my use of LinkedIn.
I will continue to explore the endless possibilities that Social Media holds and let all of you know what I find out. This has become more of a learning process for all of us. In the meantime, I will still continue to answer questions from those of you looking for help in setting up Facebook accounts and/or pages. We should all be able to view all the cat pictures out there; they weren't meant for a select few.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice blog! Is уоur thеme custom
ReplyDeletemaԁe or did you download it from somewhere? Α deѕign like yours with a feω simρle adϳustеments would rеally mаκe
my blog shіne. Plеaѕe let me κnow where you got your desіgn.
Cheeгѕ
My webраge :: http://winning-games.Com/
Feel free to visit my blog post - board games
Actually the theme is one of the basic choices here on Google Blogger. You can find various options under the layout tab. Thanks for the kind words.
ReplyDelete