Saturday, March 30, 2013

Social Media Guru? No Professional? No Lover? yes!

Image courtesy of SocialGrower.com
"If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time." - Billy Joel, American Pianist, Singer and Songwriter

How often in the course of conversations with our friends, family or coworkers do we hear these words, "It's a job, but it pays the bills"?  Even, more telling is the phrase, "They can take this job and shove it."  It doesn't take a mind reader to realize that they would rather be doing something else.

I have been reading a lot of blog posts lately on how to be a social media guru or professional.  One conclusion I have come to is that I am not a guru nor a professional.  I do not get paid for what I do; I do it because I love it.

My past work experiences have run the gamut from customer service, client relations, sales, marketing, finance, and most recently, advocacy.  These all have one recurring theme - engagement.  So it seems only fitting and natural that I would be so drawn to all that social media has to offer.

I may not be using so-called "best practices" to their fullest and I may not be making a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. These are not obstacles in stopping me from continuing to do what I love - promote causes, events and local area businesses via Facebook and Twitter and engage with followers.  I will continue to share links to articles from other bloggers and social media influencers as I learn more about Social Media.  Most importantly I will continue to love what I do.






2 comments:

  1. Outstanding post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on
    this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Many thanks!

    Also visit my web site how to buy youtube views

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pay a quick visit everyday some websites and blogs to read articles or reviews, however this weblog offers quality
    based content.

    My page: referencement sites

    ReplyDelete